SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

The SS making a clunk noise at WOT

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by foolmoon_design
That sucks.. I'm suprised they haven't asked you to bend over and spread 'em.
They did, it was just all subtle speak and coded as follows: "That'll be(ND) $400 do(VER)llars(UCKER!!)"

See?! They did ask him to bend over, just all nice-like!

Later
Allex
Old 06-24-2011, 12:22 PM

snoopyspaz: what is the name of the dealership,so I don't go there.
I'm in Fairview[ Hayward hills]. "Moon"
Old 06-26-2011, 01:50 AM

Dublin...i think it's owned by the same group as concord and fremont as well. that leaves fh daily and oakland...from what i hear, i should have started with fh daily, oh well, you live and learn.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:06 PM

Well, just got a call back from the Dealer, said the tech has been out the last two work days...I visited Thursday morning to get them to start working on it again. Service Advisor said the tech might not be able to get to it until later that evening or the next day (Friday). If the tech has been out the last two work days, that would mean no one has touched it since Wednesday (Friday and Monday he was off, never got to it Thursday afternoon). This is really sad in my opinion. Talk about *****ty service. I have nothing against the Service Advisor, he's cool but if a shop is running things like this, making me wait long and longer, I'm so close to just taking it to the next level and just calling the Bureau of Automotive Claims and just letting them make a report. Pretty sure they wouldn't want that kind of bad press. My fear is I'll get it sometime this week, drive it for a week and bam! It's in limp mode...AGAIN! I love the car but I've been seriously contemplating looking for a new car...I hate that! Trying to keep the faith here that Chevy will rectify this situation.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:23 PM

Dear snoopyspaz,

I have read your update about your situation with the dealership and your vehicle. I researched your case notes and I have seen that the agent has been assigned to your case has left you a voicemail this afternoon. Did you happen to receive this message? If you have not received this message please, let me know via private message and provide me with the contact numbers again so I can make sure that your agent has the correct information.

Sincerely,
Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 06-30-2011, 02:58 PM

Thank you Michelle, yes, I did recieve a call and actually spoke with the person assigned to the case. Gave him more info and my side of the story, he said he would be contacting the dealership either today or sometime next week when he is back in the office.

That being said, got a call from the dealer. The service advisor stated that the technician was not able to replicate the problem. The car was throwing a "P0236 Turbocharger Boost System Performance". I mean, I can understand the problem, can't replicate the issue, can't service the vehicle. But my issue is that there is a code, there has to be some info out there to troubleshoot. I'm going to be pissed if I get home, car runs fine, 3 weeks from now, limp mode...AGAIN! I guess I don't have a choice but to take it home but I really feel the technician who is working on this needs to go take a class or learn something new about these cars. Heck, he never heard of the stage one upgrade kit, I really felt after I spoke with him that my car would be in better hands with the rookie fresh out of school.

Will probably pick up the car tonight and be bringing it back in a couple days with limp mode issues again. Dealer got their money out of me, guess they're happy...Will report back what happens when it fails again. Thanks for all those following along, kind of nice to have this thread as my detailed documentation of how things have been going
Old 06-30-2011, 08:44 PM

snoopyspaz: Hope you have better luck than I had with both the dealership and GM customer service. Seems no luck around the Bay area finding a dealership that will properly take care of your problems.
I had a bad experience with F.H. Dailey[mainly because of a bad survey, because I was lied to] and even was good friends with the service manager[key word WAS]. The problem was a front end noise, that was there the day I bought it. I just took too long bringing to their attention.
GM customer service got involved, and boy was that a joke. Some of the answers I got were stupid, and they said they could'nt help me, any warrenty work denied. Customer service said, because my calipers were painted red, my brakes had been modified, and a few other excuses, that did'nt make sense. Customer service is just a GM shill, talking the talk, but not walking the walk.I now have a bad taste in my mouth about GM products.
I have friends at both Groth Bros Chevrolet, and Dublin Chevrolet, and after talking to both service depts. have come to the conclusion that any future problems, I'll have to take care of myself. Seems I'm on Gm's poo-poo list, for proving they are idiots.
I've driven Chevrolets for over 50 years[never took any in for warranty], but will not buy another GM product, nor will I endorse any.
Hope your problem gets fixed, but would'nt hold your breath.
P.S. And yes, the front end noise is still there. Replacing one part at a time until I cure it. "Moon"
Old 07-01-2011, 11:31 AM

Dear snoopyspaz,

You are very welcome. I am glad that you were contacted by your agent.

I am sorry that you are going through this type of thing with the dealership. I really do understand all the emotions that you are experiencing with your situation. I am going to make sure that your post is put into your case notes. This will allow your agent to see the current updates.

I do apologize that you are having to experience this type of situation with your HHR.

I hope that you have a good weekend and that your vehicle will stay out of limp mode.

Sincerely,
Old 07-01-2011, 11:43 AM

The less money GM spends on warranty repairs the more profit they show..

Do you really think our tax dollars will be used to bail them out again? not in this lifetime and they know it.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:09 PM

Dear moonsign,

How long ago did you go through this situation with your HHR, the dealership and the Chevrolet Customer Assistance team? Do you still have your case number?

Sincerely,

Quick Reply: The SS making a clunk noise at WOT