2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Gmtu turbo upgrade to be installed in central NY ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 12:16 PM

Next step bigjack, get that thing the proper tune. I think that pump is connected to various vac/pressure lines and may possibly cause some issue if the ECM is not programmed for it.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:24 AM

Xtreme I agree
In the instructions it shows a separate # for the reflash.
however Tom at crate engine depot says he never heard of this.
He believes the tech calls gm and based on the Vin they reflash it that way.
Maybe gm was not aware of the vacuum pump being added?
As far as the boost drop off Tom thinks maybe the wires are too tight and they are being pulled and the tmap is being pulled out creating a leak?
Still waiting for my local dealer to call back.

Last edited by bigjacksauto; 07-02-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by bigjacksauto
I talked to the service writer and he said the tech said everything went very smoothly.
I asked him how the power difference was and he said he felt that I should be the first to try it.
It was a long day for me so I only got a chance to try a half throttle 10-40 mph pull.
the boost went up and was there almost immediatly.
Then from a 5 mph roll I tried another 1/2 - 3/4 throttlle start the car pulled way harder than ever before and it literally felt like it was clawing at the road spinning both tires but biting at the same time.
I was a bit skeptical up until then when I said "wow I guess it really does make way more power"
It was about 90 today with a ton of humidity drove it for about a half an hour ran into the bank and had to leave the a/c on for the family came out engine was around 215
which I have seen before but after a couple minute drive to the next stop.The fan kept running after I shut the car off.never had that happen before but then again never left it run at idle in this crazy heat and humidity we have.
after about I think two minutes I started it up for a few seconds to circulate the coolant shut it off and the fan went off.
After reading everything here this appears to be normal???????????
I am amazed at just with say a 1/8th throttle the boost starts to come up now.
I would Highly suggest anyone who is looking to have the GMTU installed in the Central NY area go to Burdick Chevrolet in Cicero NY.They where great to deal with and listened to every thing I had to say and answered all questions.
I am so happy everything is working great for you. I hope you have a great holiday in the HHR.

Last edited by ChevroletCustomerService; 07-02-2012 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Duplicate signature
Old 07-02-2012, 12:36 PM

Thanks Michelle
Unfortunately I have almost no brakes in the morning and it looks like the lower tmap sensor is angled probably causing a boost leak.
Called my dealer and was surprised they would not look at it until Friday even though I have a safety issue with the brakes.
My service writer is on a well deserved vacation I am sure he would have gotten me in.
Hopefully this can be resolved soon.
Have a great 4th.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:39 PM

Awe, let's hope someone will cancel and they are able to get you in sooner than Friday. Please, let me know how things are going.

Any plans for Wednesday?
Old 07-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by bigjacksauto
Thanks Michelle
Unfortunately I have almost no brakes in the morning and it looks like the lower tmap sensor is angled probably causing a boost leak.
Called my dealer and was surprised they would not look at it until Friday even though I have a safety issue with the brakes.
My service writer is on a well deserved vacation I am sure he would have gotten me in.
Hopefully this can be resolved soon.
Have a great 4th.
From experience. If the lower sensor is leaking, it will run like dog c---. Stutter, stumble, jerking and no power. If the sensor appears to be angled it may be hitting the compressor. BUT. Make sure that the tech cut that tab off the sensor. If not, it will still mount up but will be crooked and the o-ring won't seal up.
If it's a case of tech error, I doubt he will admit it.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:29 PM

Well I got in earlier once the higher ups realized it was a brake issue.
They said it was the correct reflash according to gm But they reflashed just in case.
Yes the tech did not grind the nub off prt directions first time.
This time they did.
I just drove it home easy did Noyes want to worry about it during the 4th.
The tmap looks like it seats much better now.
I will find out tomorrow if it pops out and I will also find out if it has brakes in the morning.
If not they said bring it back and leave it over night.
Shouldn't they be able to check the vacuum pump when it is running?
Also the new tmap sensors only use one mounting screw on tje lower one they left the second screw out
anyone know if that is a blind screw hole or is it wide open to the intake pipe?