2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

very disapointed in performance

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 07:43 PM

i made 260hp and 310tq on a dynojet today with the hahn tune. i am disappointed in that but it was f***ing HOT and i couldn't get the car to cool down before the dyno run. it didn't help that the shop was 91 degrees inside (who knows what outside)

by the way...heat soak is stupid evident as my third run i only made 233 and 279...a 30hp and 30tq loss. really need to upgrade the intercooler

my point is that it all depends on conditions...i believe that in cooler weather and with a cool engine that it could easily be 280 and 325...which is what it should be with the hahn tune. you could easily have better et's if the conditions are right. you had that one run that was half a sec better than the other two.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by skimike
mighty mouse you are spot on, and you are right they are just a station wagon, but when I first started really looking into performance I may have listened to some of the wrong people and GM being one of them, and there may have been a few exaggrations(sp?)here from a few others, so a 15 flat down to a 14.6 is about it for a stocker w/stage kit. Really my big goal is to do enough mods to kill mustang gt's on a regular basis and stock they run 14.10's so if I can get mt et's down to 13.5 my driving will take care of the rest. Im a little rusty at the 1/4 mile track but with a little more practice I will be able to get the win lite with hole shots its rare when one of theese kids beat me out of the hole, thats atleast in the street tire catagory. now I just gotta figure what mods to start with, for sure I am getting the exhaust and intercooler and piping , does anyone know where to get a crazysteve intercooler, I have a muffler guy who has a mandrel bending machine and we will just make a custom unit or copycat one, 3" from engine to rear with 1 high flow cat, Im in cali, then maybe a aftermarket tuner ,turbo bov spring, oh I need to know where to get 1 of those too, my biggest problem is finding time to get it all done, then after that I dont know well see how it runs and if I havent found what I want yet maybe Ill juice it.
You have some right ideas......but if your whole point is spending money to get down the track, focus on power but also on putting the power to the ground.
- IC pipe and cooler (controlling/retaining power)
- if replacing the hot/cold piping, do something about the bypass valve as a whole (they are already replacing mine at 7K miles and I only hwy drive my car) (controlling/retaining the power)
- Hi-Flow exhaust (controlling/retaining the power - slight adding of power)
- stiffen the mounts (putting it to the ground)
- spring/shock swaps maybe (putting it to the ground)
- strut tower braces to reduce wheel hop (putting it to the ground)
- rear swaybar for slight assistance to stiffening the car (putting it to the ground)
- aftermarket tune on top of the stage tune (adding power)
- look into a bigger turbo (adding power)

as to going down the track for me....I'll take my ol' '78 'vette and worry about what parts I'm going to break. :)

Last edited by JeramieJJ; 07-16-2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:31 PM

Let me get this straight..your complaining about a car that gets better then 25 MPG with a SMALL 2.0 eng that produces 260-290 HP and said eng has already produced over 1000 hp? Your trying to compare it to a small block mustang thats TWICE PLUS the CI of the 2.0??And theres only a half sec difference? Then why did you buy it?
Old 07-19-2009, 12:58 PM

I have the ST1 kit and am no way disappointed in it. I bought the car for an element of performance, but needed practicality as well.

When the car's empty, it's right in the mix with most in the small or compact sport sedan class, but has a great amount of versatility.

I just hauled 4 large suitcases and 3 travel bags along with 3 passengers (total of 4 adult people) from NY to Fl and got 25+ MPG. I'm talking about a maximum payload here.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:07 AM

I took mine to the coast this w/e and the weather is very cool there and there is a very noticable amount more power there , ambient temps are 55-70, it was 114 here yesterday
Old 07-20-2009, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by skimike
I took mine to the coast this w/e and the weather is very cool there and there is a very noticable amount more power there , ambient temps are 55-70, it was 114 here yesterday
heatsoak hurts performance in any vehicle, but exponentially in a turbo car. We are down to 50-60s and where the SS really loves to grunt.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:22 PM

^yea I can feel the heat soak with my SS once it started heating up everyday :-\