Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

Rear Bumper Scuff Pad

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Banned

I might have to switch to a CF one now, but only if SoCal can get matching running board inserts. So how about it Mike?
Old 08-23-2006, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I might have to switch to a CF one now, but only if SoCal can get matching running board inserts. So how about it Mike?
We have our own billet ones coming now.

The Bumper protector's length and thin profile makes them difficult enough to ship - I don't even want to think about CF running board plates at the moment! Expensive shipping & hard to package.

Still... I will check into it for you CH!
Old 08-23-2006, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Gambler
i dont know about anyone else, but I dont have a problem scratching the bumper up that close to the body, it is further out on mine, pretty much everywhere that all the bumper covers DONT cover. I have started pulling my mats out and putting them over the back or keeping an old comfortor in the back under the tray for loading and unloading computers.
Gambler, The invisable bra people may have what we are looking for Check it out. I just ordered one. along with the hood and fender kit for mine, rock chips are getting the better of my freshly painted new hood.

http://www.invisiblemask.com/cgi-bin...&submodel=3926
Old 08-23-2006, 08:53 PM

I've got an appointment at the local Chevy body shop Tuesday to have my bumper replaced, from the rear-end in July when the car was 4 days old, and I'll ask them to put on the OEM pad.

I also noticed a rub between the r/r door and the far aft raised portion (visible when door is opened) of the running board. Every time we opened and closed the r/r door I heard an awful sound, I thought the door panel was loose but eventually located the squeak. I will also ask the body shop guys to adjust the fit.