General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Yes that's a valid did!!

Today a ride to the grocery store and get some supplies for the next week, Sweetie had her chemo pump removed yesterday, now maybe just on more round in January, and she'll be done with that stuff!!

We're happy Michelle is bouncing back, and lasagna is awesome!!
I'm going to have to wait till maybe February for that!

Cheers and please check out the Crank it up page!
Old 12-23-2015, 05:10 PM
Deceased

My office stereo was primed and ready to rock Oldblue, so I done Cranked It Up.

It's raining like mad in the Southeast(and the Mid-Atlantic, and the Northeast), my First Officer was only semi-kidding when he asked if he should record our landing back here in Charlotte as a "Splashdown".

I'm just irked that our company's 737-700ER will have to remain dirty until early next week, can't drive a dirty vehicle, can't fly a dirty aircraft. Yup, OCD much?

And "Big Bird" is a dirtball now, once we applied full reverse thrust upon touchdown, the spray enveloped us so completely we had our own personal hurricane going on.

Just a few more more post flight forms to complete, and I'll be splashing up I-85 North for Christmas, Michelle has tuna noodle casserole in the oven...yum!
Old 12-23-2015, 06:00 PM

843De. . . . i remember watching aircraft land or just starting up at the gate in the rain here when i worked for Trans World and then American Airlines.

My did was got the rest of the parts gathered for my red wagon.
Prolly end up waiting til next week to get put on.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:22 PM

Mike did you think you might need pontoons?
Old 12-23-2015, 11:42 PM
Deceased

A funny thing that Ron, but Boeing doesn't offer a pontoon option for the 737 family of aircraft, but they can be equipped with skies for Arctic deployments.

I've never seen a 737 equipped as such, but it is a line item on the list of "Optional Aircraft Fitments & Configurations", no price listed unlike the marble tiled restrooms which added a cool $90,000 to our bird's bottom line.

The tiles are really quite neat, I use a spare as a mouse pad, they have the marble cut to 1/8" thickness and apply it as a veneer. Weight means everything on an aircraft, even the BBJ(Boeing Business Jet) configuration of the 737 has to be kept on a strict diet to offset the luxurious trappings aft of the flight deck bulkhead.

Strong but light is the name of the game, if you were so inclined, a sharpened #2 pencil can be driven through an aircraft's fuselage.

But, Don't Try to Do It, Federal Prisons aren't much fun.

Oh cool Dw, TWA and American, didn't know you had worked in the industry.
Old 12-24-2015, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Today, another not much doing day, later I'll take a ride to the mother in laws and drop off Hudson's gifts, he has a cold so we can't risk Sweetie getting sick, with the chemo knocking her immune system down to zero.
She's bummed out about it, but resting for now!
Have a very Merry Christmas everybody, drive safe and carefully!
Old 12-24-2015, 12:38 PM

I ordered a Dark Mahogany Basic Wood Dash Kit from Carid.com...

I had seen a photo of a painted waterfall and decided I didn't want to go that route...I loved the wood dash kits on my Corvette so I though what the heck...

Guess I'll be busier yet come spring....

Last edited by 843de; 12-24-2015 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Found the missing "m" from "from" up a tree, rescued "m", just another act of kindness from ADMIN MAN!
Old 12-24-2015, 01:36 PM
Deceased

So sorry to hear that Hudson has a misfire code showing on Christmas Eve Oldblue, but remind Helen that the battle is nearly won, and she'll have many more Christmases to spoil Hudson.

You two take care of each other, and a Very Merry Christmas to you both from all of us here in Carolina.

Hugs, kisses, hearty handshakes, and smiles all around.

Mike, Michelle, and Dustin James AKA Dusty
Old 12-24-2015, 01:52 PM
Administrator

Thank you, and all our HHR family, thanks for your support this past several months!!
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!!

Sweetie and Oldblue
Old 12-26-2015, 09:49 AM
Deceased

I did a "did" this mornng, well if starting them up and backing them out to return my engine hoist and transmission jack to their homes counts as a "did".

My friend who borrowed the engine hoist and transmission jack probably set the record for longest engine swap ever in his daughters Civic.

But when the "Good Used" first replacement engine is locked up and you find out the hard way like he did, think trying to turn the crankshaft with a socket wrench to get the last two torque converter bolts in...and the engine won't turn anymore.

Well, lets just say he's probably got more practice in Civic engine swaps, than he'd ever want.

Perchance his daughter will check her oil now.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?