Mods - Exterior Discussion related to the looks of the exterior of the HHR.

Headlight control

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 09:20 PM
Deceased

Please note that this model Is Not included in any GM recalls at the present time.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:49 PM

Lol!
Old 04-01-2014, 10:50 AM

I'm just wondering who in their right mind would call changing our headlight bulbs "easy"?! YIKES! Yes there are tougher jobs but having to go through the wheel well sucks.

I too am glad '06 uses the turn signals.

DRL's are just an easy way for the others on the road to see me. I've got two old trucks and turn on the lights when I drive regardless of the conditions.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:17 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
I'm just wondering who in their right mind would call changing our headlight bulbs "easy"?! YIKES! Yes there are tougher jobs but having to go through the wheel well sucks.

I too am glad '06 uses the turn signals.

DRL's are just an easy way for the others on the road to see me. I've got two old trucks and turn on the lights when I drive regardless of the conditions.
Me - but who said I was in my right mind.

Yeah, big deal you have to go thru the wheel well - on some vehicles you have to pull the battery or airbox - or coolant overflow tank etc..

Turning on the headlights is a habit I got into years ago as well - everything helps. :)
Old 04-01-2014, 01:44 PM

"I'm just wondering who in their right mind would call changing our headlight bulbs "easy"?! YIKES! Yes there are tougher jobs but having to go through the wheel well sucks."

I always get a laugh from the HHR headlight replacement complaint. If you bought it you probably liked the look of the HHR.

Well then how would you get access to the headlight, if they made it through the hood your pet snake would have to do it for you.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:00 PM

I like my driving lights!
Old 04-01-2014, 06:14 PM

Since I rotate my own tires monthly I don't find it an onerous job. A PIA, yes.
I would suggest:
A) get the cheapest bulbs, they last a lot longer.
B) if you have a 2006 get the correct (from the Owner Manual, not parts person) bulb, to avoid melting. That's what I've heard anyway
Old 04-01-2014, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by 11BlueJ
I always get a laugh from the HHR headlight replacement complaint. If you bought it you probably liked the look of the HHR.

Well then how would you get access to the headlight, if they made it through the hood your pet snake would have to do it for you.
I'm glad you enjoy having to do it. I've done too much to mine to find it fun to have to go digging up through the wheel well just to change a bulb. Don't recall ever needing a snake for anything or can think of many other cars that are more of a pain to change a damn bulb.

Don't think you'll find anyone who loves their HHR more than me but it still doesn't mean they are easy to work on.

BTW, I haven't had to change a bulb yet in either of our 2006's.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
BTW, I haven't had to change a bulb yet in either of our 2006's.
Bingo. How many late model vehicles have you seen with blown low beams? I've seen plenty - enough to notice.

Experimented with taking apart the console today. Easy as pie. I could see the lever switch for the E-brake. As soon as I have more free time, I'll get in there and disconnect the switch and see what that accomplishes. Keep in mind, the only thing I want to do here is have control over the DRL's. That's all. So I have no idea why all the fuss.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:29 AM
Platinum Member

11hhrlt - good point about the people out there with one headlight out. We have had a few people here questioning about a headlight "problem" - ie: not working - and in the majority of cases, the bulb has simply burnt out!

Quick Reply: Headlight control