Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Heated Seat Switch Light Flashing

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 06:06 PM

Heated Seat Switch Light Flashing

I have a 2007 HHR LT with heated seats. The driver-side switch lamps flash and the seat is not heating. The passanger-side seat works fine and lights do not flash. Nothing in owners manual to trouble shoot. Thanks.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:00 AM
Premium Member

Heated seats.....

I have not heard of that one before, maybe Chevy Mgr will offer a clue. I love my heated leather seats, they felt good tonight on the way home after work and this cool front came thru. Nothing like a good cool front!
Old 11-30-2009, 08:22 PM

mine done the same thing. they had to replace the heating unit in the seat.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:21 AM

Angry Heated Switch Light Flashing

My passenger side seat is exhibiting this same problem. Glad I opted for the extended warranty. Not that big a deal. Take it in, make an appointment. Wait a couple more days for the tech to try and figure out whats wrong. It can take longer if the computer can't tell them exactly what to change. Wait a few more days for the parts to come in from China. Make another appointment. Drop the car off again. Hope the tech doesn't break something else trying to fix it. Claim the standard "It didn't happen here". With any luck the first time will fix the problem. You would think, with as many years as GM has been making heated seats, they would have gotten it right by now. These are the kinds of piddly problems that cause most people to think of American cars as junk. You can have the car 15 years and it never leave you stranded. But the first time you turn the radio on and get sound but no lights, or try to roll up the window, and nothing happens, open the door and the plastic handle comes off in your hand...The first thought that goes through your mind is. "What a piece of junk". Don't get me wrong, I'm a car guy and I love my HHR. I've only had two of these piddly problems so far, I just dread the whole "getting it fixed process".
Old 04-21-2010, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by onlyron
My passenger side seat is exhibiting this same problem. Glad I opted for the extended warranty. Not that big a deal. Take it in, make an appointment. Wait a couple more days for the tech to try and figure out whats wrong. It can take longer if the computer can't tell them exactly what to change. Wait a few more days for the parts to come in from China. Make another appointment. Drop the car off again. Hope the tech doesn't break something else trying to fix it. Claim the standard "It didn't happen here". With any luck the first time will fix the problem. You would think, with as many years as GM has been making heated seats, they would have gotten it right by now. These are the kinds of piddly problems that cause most people to think of American cars as junk. You can have the car 15 years and it never leave you stranded. But the first time you turn the radio on and get sound but no lights, or try to roll up the window, and nothing happens, open the door and the plastic handle comes off in your hand...The first thought that goes through your mind is. "What a piece of junk". Don't get me wrong, I'm a car guy and I love my HHR. I've only had two of these piddly problems so far, I just dread the whole "getting it fixed process".
Extended warranty jerks claim, even though it is not listed as a "covered" or "not covered" part in their books. They will not cover it. It cost 100 bucks to find out what I already knew. The heater pad in the seat bottom has shorted and needs to be replaced. Dealer was only going to charge me $500.00 + tax to fix. GMDirect sells the bottom pad for $50.00 and back pad for around $30.00. You know which path I'll follow. Weekend project. If I can remember I'll take pictures of the process to post.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:45 PM

Ssdd

Still happening. Wife's 2011 driver's seat back heating unit out. Dealer unsure if they can get parts to fix. Only had HHR at shop for a week before they finally told us. Thank God for the waranty.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by horsee
Still happening. Wife's 2011 driver's seat back heating unit out. Dealer unsure if they can get parts to fix. Only had HHR at shop for a week before they finally told us. Thank God for the waranty.
Are you saying they took a week to diagnose a bad heating pad? I hope they gave you something to drive.