SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

Anyone know the size (12 or 15mm?) of our exhaust hangers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by asanti
Can you take a picture of them? Were these universal hangers, or did you find a Kartboy set on EBay? I just received my Kartboy set and will install them later today. I'll take a picture of them and upload them later; on my phone now so it'll be a while before I upload them here..

Later
Allex
Did you ever install your kart boy bushings? I would like to know what size works. There is a new product from modernperformance also. I might pick these up. $31 for 4
http://www.modernperformance.com/tor...lt-p-2353.html
Name:  87da60b4.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  24.9 KB
Old 01-08-2012, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Pimphand
Did you ever install your kart boy bushings? I would like to know what size works. There is a new product from modernperformance also. I might pick these up. $31 for 4
http://www.modernperformance.com/tor...lt-p-2353.html
Yup, installed them and the 12mm hangers work perfectly. No more exhaust rattles when I hit a bump or have a full car. I only used the two rear hangers that support the muffler though. The hanger that's midship on the exhaust by the resonator is much smaller, so the Kartboy hangers were too large for that location. I'm VERY happy that I got them, only thing is I now have 2 extras so if anyone's interested in them, let me know lol.

Later
Allex
Old 01-08-2012, 01:10 PM

How much do u want for them? After I installed my dp I am having a clunk from the rear when I go over big bumps. I am hoping these can fix my issue. I used to have the poly hangers from kart boy on my Saabaru and his shift knob.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:18 PM

I forgot what I paid for all 4. Let me jump on the kartboy site and I'll let you know in a bit. Figure whatever I paid for them plus shipping.

Later
Allex
Old 01-08-2012, 06:00 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by asanti
I forgot what I paid for all 4. Let me jump on the kartboy site and I'll let you know in a bit. Figure whatever I paid for them plus shipping.

Later
Allex
I thank you for offering to sell me your extra kart boy hangars but I fixed my exhaust. Seems I did not reinstall the hangars properly or 2 of them worked their way off the Exhaust. Either way it's back together now. I will let you know if I have problems in the future.

Thanks

Adam