General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Weird Interior Light Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 06:09 PM

Okay, here's the update...

Both the rotors and the drums had to be turned. "Lot-rot", which has been discussed on this board before, was the cause. They had to dealer trade to get my car for me so it must have sat at the "other" car dealer for quite sometime before I took delivery of it. Never heard of this before but whatever. The interior light issue is a bad BCM. The problem not only caused the interior lights to fail but the tail lights (running lights and not brake lights thank god) too. They said they have seen a few of these fail before but not any that caused these exact symptoms. So, here it is a PERFECT holiday weekend in Wisconsin and my car has to sit in the secured service lot 'til Monday 'cause they had to order a new BCM. I guess I should be happy that it is all covered under waranty but I'm NOT happy that I'll be without my car all weekend. I hope this is not the start of a series of "chevy" problems....
I can't believe that these issues could happen on a car with only a few hundred miles on it!!

goatcheez
Old 07-03-2008, 06:10 PM

Oh, they did give me a free "loaner" to use for the weekend. I guess they didn't have to do that...

goatcheez
Old 07-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by goatcheez
Oh, they did give me a free "loaner" to use for the weekend. I guess they didn't have to do that...

goatcheez
They owed you a loaner or free rental as part of their courtesy transpotation program. Glad to hear ieverything was covered by the factory warranty.

Here are the guidelines for GM Courtesy Transportation. All these options are available during the 3/36K warranty and the 5/100K powertrain warranty, as long as a warranty repair is being performed. I know I posted this somewhere else put I am too lazy to search:

Dealer has one business day to complete the repairs. Customer needs to deliver the vehicle before 10:00am and if the repairs can not be completed by the end of the day customer is elligible for a rental. $37.00 per day on small vehicles (aveo, cobalt, hhr, old style malibu, colorado truck) and $42.00 per day on all others. Customer is responsible for taxes, insurance and fuel. Enterprise Rental is their preferred vendor although some dealers have their own inventory of vehicles or may use other agencies if Enterprise is not available. As stated before, rental MUST be a GM vehicle.

Other forms of courtesy transportation are:
Dealer courtesy van (10 mile radius)
Reimbursement for bus fare (up to $10)
Reimbursement for cab fare (up to $37)
Reimbursement for fuel to a friend or relative or whoever that picks you up or delivers you to a dealer (reasonable receipts)(maximum of $50)

All of these are a max of 5 days, except for parts delays or with Service Management approval. Rental is only covered while the vehicle is being worked on. Owner is responsible for any rental days past the date the vehicle is finished.

Service management can elect to put a customer in a vehicle at the time the customer brings the vehicle in, for customer satisfaction.

Rentals are not covered if parts need to be ordered and the vehicle can be safely driven.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:28 AM

Good to know. Thanks! It still sucks that I'm without my car for the 4th of July weekend!!

goatcheez
Old 07-08-2008, 11:22 AM

New rope?
Old 07-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by jollyroger
New rope?
yo no ¿comprender
Old 07-08-2008, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
yo no ¿comprender
...as in "if hung with".
Old 07-09-2008, 10:07 AM

Update

Cars back and seems to be all good. They put the new BCM in and car wouldn't start. Turns out that under the "under the hood fuse box", there was a bad connection. So, the tech didn't know if it really WAS the BCM or not but since the new one was already installed, under waranty, we're leaving well enough alone. Brakes are much better!! They turned the rotors and drums. We'll see how long it lasts. Next step, complete detail. It sat out in the rain for 4 days over the holiday weekend while waiting for parts. I'll post pics once I get her lookin' primo.

goatcheez