"How To" Tutorial Library Write tips and instructions on how to install parts or fix problems. This is for detailed "How To's" only, not a forum to ask how to do something. Please post those questions in appropriate forums.

Fuel line follies!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2022, 03:46 PM

Like some mentioned above, IMO, it's best to just replace entire line, from engine to tank. It will probably be just as quick and when I replaced mine, there were suspect sections from the bend to the end, plus it just seems like splicing wasn't the way to go. I did go with the stainless steel line which is harder or impossible to put in the stock mounts but it was no problem with the provided clips.
Old 02-03-2023, 09:34 AM
Administrator

A more complete video of replacing rusted fuel lines watch carefully about the hose from the fuel pump to the fuel pressure line.

Old 02-06-2023, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by flstss
So this kit graphs the lines in just under the driver's seat. Has anyone had problems with the fittings provided? The fittings provided fit the hard lines perfectly that I cut under the vehicle. But trying to insert the tubing in the kit into the fittings provided in the kit was a no-go. The hose was slightly larger than the whole in the nut and the nylon feral provided. Had to improvise but just wondering if anyone else came across this.
To head off confusion, the pic you posted is of the full-length kit. But I have that same halfway kit from Inline. Didn't use it for the same reason. Brass gland nut and white nylon ferrule would not go over the tubing. Could have reamed out the nut and heated the ferrule, but a kit shouldn't introduce that kind of hassle. I just had my trusted shop do it. They don't use the kits. They say they stock the material and it's cheaper that way.

Originally Posted by Cheap Guy
Like some mentioned above, IMO, it's best to just replace entire line, from engine to tank. It will probably be just as quick and when I replaced mine, there were suspect sections from the bend to the end, plus it just seems like splicing wasn't the way to go. I did go with the stainless steel line which is harder or impossible to put in the stock mounts but it was no problem with the provided clips.
Case by case, I guess. Two of my HHR's were done halfway. The back halves were a mess but the front halves looked great. Seems like it would have been wasted material and effort to go the full length.